What is IDs Express and can an RIT Kosovo™ (A.U.K) student use it?
When a certain material is not available in RIT Kosovo™ (A.U.K) or RIT library, you can request an Interlibrary Loan, also known as IDS Express.
Through IDS Express (Information Delivery Services), library users are able to borrow materials not currently in our collections (see below for details). ILL requests can be made online.
IDS Express is the way to request library materials and have them sent to you via FedEx or via email. This includes delivery of books, journal articles and other items owned by RIT Libraries as well as delivery of materials we obtain from other libraries on your behalf. There is no charge for this service. For more information or questions on IDS Express, contact the IDS department by e-mail at illwml[at]rit.edu. This service is available to RIT Kosovo™ (A.U.K) students, but only for items which can be sent via email (chapter of the book and articles).
What Types of Items Can be Requested through IDS Express/ILL?
- Books (if unavailable through Connect NY)
- Digital scans of journal articles
- Theses and dissertations (check ProQuest Dissertations and Theses database for online full text first)
What Items Cannot be Requested through IDS Express/ILL?
- Items owned by RIT Kosovo™ (A.U.K) Libraries
- Reference books
- Rare books and other fragile or bulky items
- Entire issues of journals
- Audiovisual materials