Webmail |  MyCourses


Academic Services

How do I contact my academic advisor?

Our academic advising role is to act as a mentor and advocate for you, as well as help you successfully complete your degree requirements. To that end, we are committed to responding to you in a timely and effective manner. You may contact us by phone, email, during office hours or you can make an appointment.

How do I change my concentration?

You need to complete a Concentration Declaration form which you can obtain by printing it from the Academic Services web site, or by getting one from the Academic Services Office. To complete the form, first have it filled out and then have your advisor sign it.

What are academic warning, probation, and suspension?

An undergraduate student who earns a cumulative GPA of less than 2.0 will be put on, academic warning, probation or suspension. Your credit level will determine the degree of academic restriction. A student's credit level consists of credits passed, credits failed, transfer credit, and any other credit the student earned through credit by testing.

A warning is a written notice to a student that continued or further violations of any University policy, rule, or regulation within a specific period of time (not to exceed one [1] calendar year) may result in more severe disciplinary action.

Disciplinary Probation: Exclusion from use of specified University facilities or from participation in certain privileged or extracurricular University activities and/or requirement to fulfill certain conditions as specified in the probation notice, plus notification that violation of any University policy, rule or regulation during the term of the disciplinary probation status will result in more severe sanctions.

Disciplinary probation generally is not imposed for more than one (1) calendar year.

Disciplinary Suspension: Exclusion from classes and/or other privileges and activities as set forth in the suspension notice for a definite period of time, generally not to exceed two (2) calendar years.

What is full/part time credit load?

An undergraduate student is considered full time if they are registered for at least 12 credit hours. A part time undergraduate student is registered for fewer than 12 credit hours.

What are the guidelines for taking courses at other institutions?

In order to take courses elsewhere, students must receive prior approval from the Academic Departments at A.U.K. and RIT.

What are "holds" on my record and how do I get them lifted?

Holds on your record can be but are not limited to academic holds, financial holds, or library fines. When you have a "hold" on your record you are not able to adjust your schedule in any way. In order to have the hold removed, you will need to contact the appropriate office or department.

Can I take classes online at A.U.K./RIT?

A.U.K. offers a very limited number of online courses, however, you may take online classes at RIT. Keep in mind that when taking RIT courses, you have to pay RIT tuition fees.

Where can I find out what courses fulfill General Education Requirements?

To obtain the list of courses that fulfill the General Education Requirements, please visit: Undergraduate Studies.

When should I declare my concentration?

Students should declare their concentration during the winter quarter of their second academic year. Prior to declaring the concentration/minor all students need to attend the Concentration Declaration Workshop organized by Academic Services and Co-op and Career Services. If you are having difficulty deciding on what concentration to choose after you attended the Concentration Declaration Workshop you may want to visit a career consultant in the Career and Co-op Services in the Academic Services Office Room 101, and also meet with an academic advisor in the Academic Services Office Room 101, to review your options.

How do I find out what my grades are?

To access grade reports, log onto the SIS.

If I don’t attend for a semester do I have to re-apply?

If a student chooses not to take classes for a semester, then he/she must fill out a ‘leave of absence form’. Your account will remain active for two consecutive quarters.

Academic Services

How do I find out about studying at RIT?

To learn about study programs at RIT please contact the A.U.K./RIT advisors. The RIT website is also an excellent source to learn about the RIT programs.

I want to take five classes. How do I get permission?

If you have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 and above, the system will allow you to register for the fifth class. To obtain permission to take the fifth class if your GPA is under 3.2, you must contact your academic advisor and complete the appropriate request form. If approved, your advisor will sign you up for your class.

How many credits can I take over the summer quarter?

Credit loads for the summer are limited to 8 credits for undergraduate students.

I got an incomplete from my professor. What can I do now?

If you received a grade of incomplete in a class, you need to contact your professor and determine what you need to do to make up the incomplete work. Grades of incomplete are changed to a grade of F if the final grade is not submitted by the professor within two quarters.

Grades of Incomplete are treated as unsatisfactory grades in determining warning, probation, suspension, or dismissal.

What GPA do I need to be on the Dean’s List?

Full-time students who have taken at least twelve credits in an academic period and earn a grade point average for that period of 3.4 or higher merit placement on the Dean’s List.

What is the Student Information System (SIS)?

This is one of the most widely accessed sites throughout your studies at the university.

Once in the Student Information System you can:

  • Register for courses
  • Add and Drop courses to your schedule
  • Review your enrollment verifications and registration holds
  • Check your grades, class schedule, Grade Point average (GPA) statistics, and view open and closed courses, degree information, the GPA calculation model, your Academic Advising Report (AAR)
  • Change your PIN number

What's the difference between "dropping" and "withdrawing" from a class?

The Add/Drop period is the first seven days of a quarter (including weekends) beginning on the first day of classes. A student can drop classes on-line via the Student Information System. When a student drops a class during this time frame there is no record kept that will show on an official transcript.

Once the first seven days of the quarter have passed, and through the end of the 8th week of the quarter, if a student wishes to remove him or herself from a class, the student may withdraw via the Student Information System. A grade of "W" is assigned to that course, and the withdrawal becomes part of the student's permanent record. In processing the request, the student, the student's instructor, the student's advisor and the student's home program or department head will be notified via email. Students are strongly advised to consult with their advisor and instructor before they withdraw from a course.

I have a question about my academic record. Where do I go for information?

As far as your academic record goes, your first stop should be your academic advisor. One of the first things you should do is find out who your academic advisor is, and keep in touch with him or her as you progress in your studies at A.U.K./RIT.

Financial Office

I want to come in and make a payment. What are the hours of operation for the Finance Office?

All tuition payments are made by students directly to the bank.  See the Tuition Invoice for further explanation. No cash, check or credit card payments are accepted in the Financial Office.

How do I know how much I owe for the current quarter?

It depends on your installment payment plan (see Tuition Invoice). Please send an e-mail to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and request your tuition account report. You will receive the information immediately

How can I get a copy of my bill for tuition reimbursement purposes?

Come to the Financial Office between 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday to get a copy of your tuition bill.

I have a hold on my account, but I don’t know why. How can I find out?

Account holds are usually due to Accounts Receivable (tuition or late fee).  It is also possible that there is a hold on your account for reasons related to the Academic Program or for Disciplinary reasons.  You should check with the Academic Services office for this information.

I believe I am paid in full; however my account is showing a balance. How can I find out what this balance is for?

Please contact us by phone at + 383 38 66 00 00 to get the answer.

How can I confirm A.U.K. has received my payment?

All payments are posted to your account after they are processed upon receipt.

I was just accepted as a transfer student. How do I find out the amount of my payment?

If you are accepted for the second or third quarter, you will be charged only for the quarters you will attend.

I have not attended A.U.K. recently, yet I have received information that I have an outstanding debt. What is this charge for?

There are several possible reasons. You could have outstanding charges from the last quarter you attended A.U.K..  To be sure, please send an e-mail to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and request your current tuition statement. After you review it, if you still have questions, you should contact the Financial Office for more information regarding the charges.


I have received a Tuition Invoice for the current Academic Year? What is this form for?


In that invoice, you have all the details regarding the tuition payment for the current year. You must complete the form by selecting one of the payment plans shown on the top right, adding your name and your contact information (phone #, etc.), and returning the form to the Financial Office.


I am a Part-Time student but I am being billed as if I were Full-Time, what do I need to do regarding this issue?


To change your status, you must call Academic Service at + 383 38 66 00 00 or go to their office. If the change of status results in a refund, please refer to the Refund Policy.


I have a credit on my account. How do I get a refund?


Most credits, including financial aid refunds, are refunded by wire transfer to your bank account (please send your bank account details to the finance office to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..


How long before I can expect to receive my refund?


Depending on how and when the Financial Office is notified, it may take 2-3 weeks for a refund to be processed and received. 


Our office must first receive notification that a student is eligible for a refund; this can happen in any of the following ways:


Academic Service notifies the Financial Office when a student withdraws or has a status change (Full-Time to Part-Time);


The student informs the office that they have a credit on their account and wish to receive a refund;


The Financial Office produces a periodic report that shows students whose accounts have a negative balance (credit).


In order to transfer the credit, the student must provide the Financial Office with his/her bank details. Once it is determined that the student is eligible for a refund, it may take up to one week for your refund to be deposited directly into your bank account.


I was awarded Financial Aid, why do I have a late fee?


Your award acceptance may not have been submitted on time or your award may have been posted to your account after bills were due. Please contact the Finance Office at 038 608 608 ext. 109/119/147 for more information about your late fee.

IT Office

How do I use the printers?


You can print to all public network printers in A.U.K. if your computer/notebook is member in the A.U.K. domain. Additionally, you need to have the specific printer installed and sufficient Printing Credit*:


  • All students, staff and faculty can install a printer with using Add Printer Wizard from Control Panel, please chose a network printer and search the directory for the printer you are looking for. All Printers are named according to the place/office/lab where they are located. Students cannot install printers that reside in faculty or administration areas.
  • All students who want to print need to have sufficient printing credit. Printing credit and the can be purchased at IT Helpdesk.
  • Faculty and staff with their private Notebooks can use printing services as well. Please contact IT department for the help with the setup.


How do I connect to the wireless network?


Make sure your wireless network card is turned ON. Most Notebooks and other devices have a LED Symbol that shows the status of the wireless card. Students who use the A.U.K. Notebooks are automatically connected to the wireless network and can use all the services provided from A.U.K..


Faculty and Staff members who use A.U.K. Notebooks are also automatically connected to the Wireless Network.


Using private equipment to connect to wireless network requires authentication or key that can be requested in the IT department.


Only for special guests and travelling faculty: Network instructions can be found at A.U.K. reception and A.U.K. security.


A.U.K. computer and mail account


All staff, faculty and students have an A.U.K. computer and E-mail Account. New members of the A.U.K. community can make the request through their head of departments. Please find the necessary forms in the IT forms section of the A.U.K. website.


Computer account allows you to access:


Computers on A.U.K. campus and related services according to your privileges


Exchange server E-mail, contacts, calendar, etc. and related shared services according to your    privileges


How do I log into my account?


Use the username and the password provided to you from IT department; make sure that the third login field “Login to Domain” is selected as A.U.K..


How to configure Outlook 2007 to connect to the Exchange mail server?


You can connect to the Exchange server through Outlook 2007 installed in all A.U.K. PC and Notebooks. Outlook 2007 is able to auto configure all the necessary settings with the Exchange sever using a set-up wizard when you first start the Outlook2007 application. Note: you need to be connected to the A.U.K. network to configure Outlook for the Exchange server.


How do I change my password?


It is recommended that you change your computer and e-mail password after you login to A.U.K. computer. To do this, please hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete (Press the Ctrl and Alt keys and, while still holding them down, press the Delete key). Then click “Change Password” in appearing window. Write your new password in the New Password field.


How do I access my E-mail outside of A.U.K.?


To check your A.U.K. E-mail outside of the A.U.K., please go to: http://mail.aukonline.org/exchange and login by using A.U.K. username and password.


About A.U.K. Notebook Computers


Starting from the 2008-2009 academic year, A.U.K. decided to give all undergraduate students a Laptop. The laptop program’s purpose is to improve the learning experience and equal access to all students to complete their studies.


Notebook Manual Online


Want to know what is inside on the A.U.K. Notebook?  Please follow the link to the manufacturer manual:



List of the installed software


A.U.K. is determined to use only legally purchased or free software in their computer equipment, here is the list of the software installed in A.U.K. computers. See: List of the installed software


Tips: Maintenance


Physical maintenance:  Having a Notebook wherever you go kind of represents who you are or want to be, just like your clothes. Keep the notebook clean; avoid touching the keyboard when you eat or when your hands are creamed or oily; avoid touching the screen


Clean the Notebook only with materials specially noted for computers and monitors.


Notebook Security


Save the Notebook from a physical damage by carrying it with the backpack provided to you by A.U.K. or a carrying case with the equivalent protection.


Don’t walk with an open Notebook, close the lid first; it takes only few seconds to get back to your working state session on the Notebook.


When traveling, don’t leave the Notebook unsecured.


How to scan your notebook


Right click on the McAfee Antivirus Scanner and chose the ‘On-Demand Scann…’ option.


How to connect to IPKO Broadband


IPKO requires a setup of the PPPOE connection and username/password to connect to internet. Please visit the following link to learn how to set up the PPPOE connection, if there is none set up in your laptop: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283070 or http://www.yinfor.com/blog/archives/2006/11/how_to_set_up_pppoe_for_window.html


How to connect to KUJTESA Broadband


Kujtesa broadband connection requires no special settings on a computer to connect to internet, if you have more than one computer and want to switch the connection from one computer to another, it may requires a modem reboot so that the new computer will get a new IP address. Usually Kujtesa offers connection to only one computer, if you like to connect more than one computer at the same time, please call Kujtesa support.


How to connect to PTK Telecom ADSL


PTK offers ADSL connection to landline telephone subscribers and to residents in their network coverage area. There are two way to set up internet connection to the PTK: the provided modem dials automatically with the PPPOE; you need to set up PPPOE on your laptop (see the sample like with IPKO)




What is Career Education?


The education philosophy of the American University is based on the RIT model of ‘Career Education’. Career Education means that students don’t just gain theoretical knowledge, but engage in hands-on experiential learning in a real world environment.


What is a Co-op?


A ‘Co-op’ is a cooperative education work experience (internship) in a private or governmental organization in Kosovo or abroad. A Co-op is defined as a paid professional experience of 400 hours to be completed within 3 months (full time) or 6 months (part-time). The Co-op needs to be designed as a qualitative learning experience related to the students career interests and should provide the student with new challenges and opportunities.


Each A.U.K. student must complete one Co-op during the freshmen and sophomore year, and one Co-op during the junior and senior year in order to be eligible for the Bachelors’ Degree. When a student already has full time employment, his/her regular job might be considered as fulfilling the Co-op requirement.


What Co-op opportunities are available and how do I find one?


To date, more than 700 Co-ops have been completed by A.U.K. students in various sectors such as banking & finance, training & consulting, service industry, governmental institutions, NGO’s, wholesale, IT, media & communication, etc. A number of students have completed their Co-op abroad, mostly in the USA.


Many Co-op opportunities are advertised by the Co-op & Career Services by e-mail. Besides this, as a student you can pro-actively search for your own ideal Co-op. Any Co-op is possible, as long as the Employer is willing to offer it to you and it is approved by the Coordinator of Co-op & Career Services.


How do Employers benefit from providing Co-op opportunities to A.U.K. students?


Employers can benefit from offering a Co-op opportunity to A.U.K. students in many ways:


Co-op students are enthusiastic and flexible employees who have already acquired relevant knowledge and skills from their ongoing A.U.K. education 


Co-op students are low-cost resources that can be dedicated to work on short-term but time intensive projects


The Co-op term can be used to assess a student’s capacity and skills, and long term employment can be offered to excellent/talented performers.


How to get started?


Once you have found a great Co-op opportunity, you must register your Co-op prior to start and wait for approval from the Coordinator of Co-op & Career Services. After you have filled out the registration form and submitted it to the Co-op & Career Services office, you can expect a notification e-mail within a week or two which will inform you whether or not your Co-op is formally approved. If you’d rather have the assurance of approval before your register your Co-op, you can schedule a prior consultation with the Coordinator of Co-op & Career Services. Co-op opportunities that are advertised by the Co-op & Career Services Office are approved by default, unless you are told otherwise. Upon receipt of the e-mail notification, you may start your Co-op. Your Co-op will be registered (administratively) at the beginning of the following quarter.


How to get credit?


At the end of your Co-op experience, your supervisor will fill out the ‘Performance Evaluation form’ to evaluate your performance. This form must be submitted by the Supervisor directly to the Co-op & Career Services either by e-mail or in a closed and signed envelope. In addition, there is a ‘Student Evaluation Form’ that you as a student need to fill out and submit to the Co-op & Career Services by e-mail or in hardcopy.


Without these 2 evaluation forms, you cannot receive the credit for your Co-op. Once the forms have been submitted no later than 1 week before the end of a quarter, you will see an ‘S’ grade (satisfactory) in the SIS system.


What if I already have a job?


If you are working and studying at the same time, you can register your current employment as your Co-op – provided it is a professional experience that is related to your studies.


Do take note that for the second Co-op in your Junior/Senior year you cannot register as your Co-op the same job position in the same company.


When do I need to register my Co-op?


The ideal time to register a Co-op that you plan to start is at the end of the quarter prior to the administrative deadline that is announced quarterly. That way your Co-op will be registered in the online system and you can start working in the beginning of the next quarter. At the end of that quarter you will finish your co-op and after submitting the evaluation forms you will receive your passing grade in the system.


However, in reality things are not always that perfectly synchronized. Sometimes a great opportunity comes along in the middle of a quarter. This is why you can register your Co-op any time at the A.U.K. Co-op & Career office as long as it is registered prior to start. As soon as you receive approval you can start working. In this case, the formal administrative registration in the online system will happen only at the beginning of the following quarter – so you will also receive your Co-op grade a little after the fact.


Can I do both Co-ops in the same company?


You cannot register as your second Co-op (Junior/Senior year) the same job position in the same company. However, if your second Co-op position in the same company is very different in nature and responsibilities from the previous Co-op, then it may be approved on a case by case basis.


Can I do a Co-op outside of Kosovo?


Finding a Co-op opportunity outside of Kosovo is definitely a possibility and adds an inter-cultural dimension to your professional experience.


RIT and A.U.K. have established a relationship with Walt Disney World where students recruited by Disney from A.U.K. can participate in the international program.


Another possibility for Freshmen/Sophomores is to participate in one of the work/travel schemes that are offered by various agencies in Prishtina. They offer summer jobs to students in a variety of US companies in the service sector.


Finally, it is always possible to find another Co-op opportunity abroad on your own initiative.


What are the Criteria for approval of Co-ops?


The main criterion for approval is that your Co-op needs to be a challenging and meaningful professional experience where you can apply concepts and skills you learned in your A.U.K. courses. Your co-op needs to be relevant to what you are learning at A.U.K. and needs to be in line with your career objectives. Whereas the first Co-op may be more of a career exploration in any type of sector and position, ideally the second Co-op should be related to your choice of concentrations and career path. The co-op must be registered prior to start to be considered for approval. In addition, the Co-op should be paid, with exceptions for Co-op’s in public sector and few international organizations. Freshmen/Sophomores are allowed to finish their first Co-op with Work and Travel programs. Co-ops may be approved on a case by case basis; however, Juniors/Seniors cannot do a Co-op with Work and Travel programs. The next Co-op is not approved if it is the same as the previous one. Family business Co-ops are not approved, unless for specific reasons and with specific requirements for which the Coordinator of Co-op & Career Services is responsible.


Can my Co-op turn into long-term employment?


A Co-op is a first step into a certain sector or company and if the student performs well and impresses the employer; sooner or later depending on available positions the employer will invite him or her to accept a more permanent job position.


Can I transfer the Co-op hours?


The Co-op hours cannot be transferred or carried over from one co-op to the other. Each co-op must be at least 400 working hours. Any working beyond 400 cannot be transferred.


FAQ Employers

How does my organization benefit from providing Co-op opportunities to A.U.K. students?

A.U.K. students are enthusiastic and flexible employees who have already acquired relevant knowledge and skills from their ongoing A.U.K. education

A.U.K. students have good English language proficiency and strong IT skills

A.U.K. students are low-cost resources that can be dedicated to work on short-term but time intensive projects

The Co-op term can be used to assess a student’s capacity and skills, and long term employment can be offered to excellent/talented performers.

How do I find the right A.U.K. student for the job?

With the assistance of the A.U.K. Co-op & Career Services office you can organize a selection and recruitment process from among the A.U.K. students and alumni, whether for Co-ops or long term employment opportunities. The A.U.K. student body is diverse in its career interests, skills and talents, motivation and academic performance. In the terms of reference for a particular position, you may want to consider specifications in terms of GPA (Grade Point Average) out of a total of 4.0, asking for recommendations from professors, and of course reviewing relevant courses a student has taken and experience listed on the CV. 

The A.U.K. Co-op office will send out a job or co-op advertisement to A.U.K. students and/or alumni on the employer’s behalf and gather CV’s of candidates who meet the criteria. It is at the discretion of the employer to make the final selection from among the candidates based on personal interviews or other recruitment tools. The A.U.K. Co-op & Career Services office may handle communication between the employer and the students until the moment a student is recruited. 

The first point of contact for employers prior to starting the process of recruitment from among the A.U.K. student body is the Coordinator of Co-op & Career Services office.

When is the best time to advertise Co-op positions in my company/organization?

In principle, a student can start a Co-op any time so positions can be advertised at any moment during the academic year. However, there are moments during the year when students are more likely to be interested in applying to Co-op positions because of the A.U.K. academic schedule.

The A.U.K. works on a quarter-based system and each quarter consists of 11 weeks. An average student is required to attend courses roughly from the beginning of September to the end of May for 16 to 20 hours a week and in addition will be assigned personal study and project work.

The students in the first (freshmen) and second (sophomore) year of their studies have courses scheduled during the day from Mondays to Thursdays. Upper level students in the third (junior) and fourth (senior) year have most courses scheduled in the evenings from 17.00 in order to accommodate professional engagements.

Many students will continually be on the look-out for the right Co-op or employment opportunity to come along regardless of duration and schedule. Other students find it more convenient to work full time over the summer and will be searching for a good Co-op opportunity from January onwards right up until the end of May or the beginning of June.

What kind of working schedule can we expect from A.U.K. students?

Overall, the ideal quarter to offer full time Co-op positions to A.U.K. students is during the summer for the duration of minimum 10 weeks between the 1st of June and 31st of August.

However, many alternatives are possible. Students may wish to combine a part-time job of 20 hours a week with their course work for a period of 20 weeks (5 months). Many upper level students (third and fourth) manage to combine demanding full time employment with their studies, given some measure of flexibility on behalf of the employer to enable them to fulfill course requirements.

What kind of stipend or salary should we offer A.U.K. Co-op students?

A.U.K. Co-op students are required to find a paid Co-op opportunity and as a general guideline we recommend an average payment of 1,5 Euro per hour. However, rates may vary and in exceptional cases a student may do a Co-op that is not paid at all.

What type of documentation do we need to provide to A.U.K. for selected students?

The direct supervisor listed on the Co-op registration form submitted by the student for approval will be contacted as soon as a Co-op has been approved. Supervisors are required to submit a performance evaluation form about the student’s performance at the end of the Co-op and are encouraged to contact the Co-op & Career Services office for any questions, concerns or general feedback. 

Can we present our organization to students at the A.U.K. Campus?

The Co-op & Career Services office organizes career events that allow private or public organizations to present their core business and activities and attract interest among A.U.K. students. These types of event also allow students to further define their career objectives and establish a network of professional contacts.

auk png