Kosovo has confirmed the first three cases of infection with COVID-19 virus. None of these cases has been in contact with our campus and based on the reports received the Kosovo Government and the Kosovo Health Authorities have taken all the measures necessary to isolate the spread of the virus. Late last night, the Kosovo Government took additional 10 measures to mitigate the pandemic outbreak, including:
1. Prohibition of entrance and exit in the Municipality of Klina;
2. Prohibition of entrance and exit in the Municipality of Viti;
3. Inter-urban transport in the Republic of Kosovo is interrupted with immediate effect, as well as organized international transport;
4. Land borders are closed for travelers entering Kosovo, except for Kosovar citizens coming home; all Kosovo citizens who enter through these borders will undergo additional medical check-ups and will be mandated to be quarantined at home for 14 days;
5. From March 16, 2020 (Sunday midnight), all air travel to Pristina Airport shall be suspended, except for military flights and medical emergencies (MEDIVAC). The exceptions are crew-operated round-trip lines, that will be special circumstances authorized by government to send foreign citizens to their homes,
6. All coffee bars, pubs and restaurants, and shopping malls will be closed; with the exception of pharmacies and food markets;
7. All cultural and sports activities are suspended;
8. All animal flea markets and vehicle flea markets will be closed;
9. The public institutions will be reduced to only essential staff; except for health and security personnel;
10. Private companies are ordered to organize their work so that most of the activities can be carried out by employees at home;
As you are well aware, we have been monitoring the outbreak of the coronavirus. As a response to the latest development of coronavirus outbreak, we are taking new measures to ensure the safety and health of the RITK community. We are taking the following institutional measures:
All classes will continue to be offered through alternative mode of delivery until further notice.
- Moving to an Alternative Delivery Mode
Goal is to support student success and access
Continue to deliver academic content and award credit
Alternative delivery modes include many options, such as:
1. Asynchronous online text-based course material
2. Asynchronous online delivery of lectures (PowerPoint, PDF, recorded video)
3. Asynchronous discussions via myCourses
4. Synchronous teleconferencing, video chats, instant messaging
·Due to the importance of social distancing in preventing the spreading of the disease, there is no face-to-face instruction
·You can meet the faculty during their office hours using the technology such as
· Campus will remain open via distance working
· Campus dorm will be closed
· Campus services, such as canteen will be closed
· We will work on a plan of action for library use and you will be notified
· Tutoring will be available by using our existing online technology
Essential staff will be available to assist throughout this time.
IT staff will be available throughout this time to assist as needed. They will do their best to provide the support you need as fast as they can. Please understand their work has increased exponentially and it may take longer time than past to get back to you.
Our campus security will be intact.
Please know that the health and safety of our campus community is our top priority, and we will continue to provide updates as the situation evolves. Thank you for your understanding and the cooperation through this difficult challenging time.