Webmail |  MyCourses


How do I contact my academic advisor?

Our academic advising role is to act as a mentor and advocate for you, as well as help you successfully complete your degree requirements. To that end, we are committed to responding to you in a timely and effective manner. You may contact us by phone, email, during office hours or you can make an appointment.

How do I change my concentration?

You need to complete a Concentration Declaration form which you can obtain by printing it from the Academic Services web site, or by getting one from the Academic Services Office. To complete the form, first have it filled out and then have your advisor sign it.

What are academic warning, probation, and suspension?

An undergraduate student who earns a cumulative GPA of less than 2.0 will be put on, academic warning, probation or suspension. Your credit level will determine the degree of academic restriction. A student's credit level consists of credits passed, credits failed, transfer credit, and any other credit the student earned through credit by testing.

A warning is a written notice to a student that continued or further violations of any University policy, rule, or regulation within a specific period of time (not to exceed one [1] calendar year) may result in more severe disciplinary action.

Disciplinary Probation: Exclusion from use of specified University facilities or from participation in certain privileged or extracurricular University activities and/or requirement to fulfill certain conditions as specified in the probation notice, plus notification that violation of any University policy, rule or regulation during the term of the disciplinary probation status will result in more severe sanctions.

Disciplinary probation generally is not imposed for more than one (1) calendar year.

Disciplinary Suspension: Exclusion from classes and/or other privileges and activities as set forth in the suspension notice for a definite period of time, generally not to exceed two (2) calendar years.

What is full/part time credit load?

An undergraduate student is considered full time if they are registered for at least 12 credit hours. A part time undergraduate student is registered for fewer than 12 credit hours.

What are the guidelines for taking courses at other institutions?

In order to take courses elsewhere, students must receive prior approval from the Academic Departments at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) and RIT.

What are "holds" on my record and how do I get them lifted?

Holds on your record can be but are not limited to academic holds, financial holds, or library fines. When you have a "hold" on your record you are not able to adjust your schedule in any way. In order to have the hold removed, you will need to contact the appropriate office or department.

Can I take classes online at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K)?

RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) offers a very limited number of online courses, however, you may take online classes at RIT. Keep in mind that when taking RIT courses, you have to pay RIT tuition fees.

Where can I find out what courses fulfill General Education Requirements?

To obtain the list of courses that fulfill the General Education Requirements, please visit: Undergraduate Studies.

When should I declare my concentration?

Students should declare their concentration during the winter quarter of their second academic year. Prior to declaring the concentration/minor all students need to attend the Concentration Declaration Workshop organized by Academic Services and Co-op and Career Services. If you are having difficulty deciding on what concentration to choose after you attended the Concentration Declaration Workshop you may want to visit a career consultant in the Career and Co-op Services in the Academic Services Office Room 101, and also meet with an academic advisor in the Academic Services Office Room 101, to review your options.

How do I find out what my grades are?

To access grade reports, log onto the SIS.

If I don’t attend for a semester do I have to re-apply?

If a student chooses not to take classes for a semester, then he/she must fill out a ‘leave of absence form’. Your account will remain active for two consecutive quarters.

How do I find out about studying at RIT?

To learn about study programs at RIT please contact the RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) advisors. The RIT website is also an excellent source to learn about the RIT programs.

I want to take five classes. How do I get permission?

If you have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 and above, the system will allow you to register for the fifth class. To obtain permission to take the fifth class if your GPA is under 3.2, you must contact your academic advisor and complete the appropriate request form. If approved, your advisor will sign you up for your class.

How many credits can I take over the summer quarter?

Credit loads for the summer are limited to 8 credits for undergraduate students.

I got an incomplete from my professor. What can I do now?

If you received a grade of incomplete in a class, you need to contact your professor and determine what you need to do to make up the incomplete work. Grades of incomplete are changed to a grade of F if the final grade is not submitted by the professor within two quarters.

Grades of Incomplete are treated as unsatisfactory grades in determining warning, probation, suspension, or dismissal.

What GPA do I need to be on the Dean’s List?

Full-time students who have taken at least twelve credits in an academic period and earn a grade point average for that period of 3.4 or higher merit placement on the Dean’s List.

What is the Student Information System (SIS)?

This is one of the most widely accessed sites throughout your studies at the university.

Once in the Student Information System you can:

  • Register for courses
  • Add and Drop courses to your schedule
  • Review your enrollment verifications and registration holds
  • Check your grades, class schedule, Grade Point average (GPA) statistics, and view open and closed courses, degree information, the GPA calculation model, your Academic Advising Report (AAR)
  • Change your PIN number

What's the difference between "dropping" and "withdrawing" from a class?

The Add/Drop period is the first seven days of a quarter (including weekends) beginning on the first day of classes. A student can drop classes on-line via the Student Information System. When a student drops a class during this time frame there is no record kept that will show on an official transcript.

Once the first seven days of the quarter have passed, and through the end of the 8th week of the quarter, if a student wishes to remove him or herself from a class, the student may withdraw via the Student Information System. A grade of "W" is assigned to that course, and the withdrawal becomes part of the student's permanent record. In processing the request, the student, the student's instructor, the student's advisor and the student's home program or department head will be notified via email. Students are strongly advised to consult with their advisor and instructor before they withdraw from a course.

I have a question about my academic record. Where do I go for information?

As far as your academic record goes, your first stop should be your academic advisor. One of the first things you should do is find out who your academic advisor is, and keep in touch with him or her as you progress in your studies at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K).

Contact us

Office of Academic Services 
RIT Kosovo (A.U.K)
Phone: + 383 38 66 00 00
email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Main Building, Third Floor
Rr.Dr.Shpëtim Robaj p.n.
Republic of Kosovo

letter of confirmation

academic calendar

academic bulletin

auk png