VACANCY NOTICE 10/2019
RIT KOSOVO (A.U.K)
Job Profile – Copywriter/Storyteller– Full-Time Position
Copywriter/Storyteller serves as storyteller, managing the development, execution and evaluation of strategic, multichannel content that educates and engages consumers. Copywriter/Storyteller must be able to master the skill of creative writing, and partner with each department creating captivating and inspirational concepts into visual reality. As Copywriter/Storyteller, you tend to take risks and are driven by the opportunities to make a difference. You are excited to create integrated campaigns, get the out to the masses and are the best storyteller for the job.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect engaging stories from across our work and our community to provide powerful content for our marketing materials with the aim to move an audience to engage more deeply with our mission
- Implementation of our core messaging for each audience, brand narrative, tone of voice and writing style across all that we do
- Support colleagues across the whole organization to talk effectively about RIT Kosovo and AUKF (can also include speechwriting as needed)
- Produce and coordinate outstanding work both creatively and effectively, across all media types including but not limited to TV, radio, print, digital, outdoor and collateral
- Maintain relationship with media, both streamed, printed and online for content placement
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of RITK marketing and communications materials
- Continually innovate with creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Write clear, attractive copy with distant voice
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to client representative as needed and participate in client pitches on occasion
- Manage multiple project simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Process information supplied by clients and account services and translate into effective copy
- Proofread all communications developed by the various divisions and ensure information accuracy
- Assist institution with the implementation of the various marketing and advertising campaigns
- Initiate and coordinate the design and producing of promo material
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute key brand initiatives
- Assist with managing and organizing showcases and events
- Use social insights to help drive innovations through the system to meet the institution’s demands
- Leveraging creative thinking and potential students insights to drive recruiting and better meet/exceed institution’s demands
- Deliver complex information in a compelling way, uses story to persuade audience; captures interest, engages audience and uses supporting points to influence
- Make sense of quantitative and qualitative information affecting the institution
- Work with the team to ensure the consistency and integrity of brand execution around the world should be an accurate reflection of RITK and AUKF brand image
- Produce regular campus periodical and other publications such as newsletter, annual report, etc.
Qualifications and working experience:
· University degree in related field required-English Language and Literature, Journalism or Communications
· Conceptual thinks and diverse writing capabilities
· Detail-oriented and able to proofread
· Great attitude and work ethic
· Must have experience working within multiple channels (scripts, web content, mobile apps, video, advertising, interaction copy, instructional, help, etc.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Voracious communicator and excels at writing clear, persuasive, original copy
· Exceptional proofreading skills with attention to spelling, grammar and editorial guideline
· Engaging and motivating storyteller who can bring life to technical or conceptual content
· Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
· Passion, energy, a positive mindset and a ‘can-do’ attitude
· Track record of being reliable, responsive and client-centered
· Ability to build rapport and instill trust and confidence
· A flexible mindset and agile approach to deliverables
· Ability to adopt style to engage with different kind of stakeholders
· Work examples or a portfolio of past projects both in English and Albanian
· Understands storytelling and marketing copywriting trends across varied media types
· Basic web coding, SEO and publishing technology skills
RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) strives to cultivate a work environment that encourages fairness, teamwork, and respect among all staff members. It is firmly committed to maintaining a work atmosphere in which people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally.
Please submit your CV, copy of diploma, two professional reference letters and complete the Job application form (click here).
Please submit all these documents via email to the Human Resources Office at:
Most consideration will be given to applications received on or before Friday, October 30, 2020 and to RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) Alumni.
Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed
RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) Hiring Procedure
Each department of RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) is obliged to follow the Hiring Procedure. Human Resources manages the entire hiring process. Human Resources ensures that all necessary requirements have been completed by the employee, the hiring department and all hiring processes are in place. All open positions are posted internally as well as externally. Human Resources has total responsibility for all postings.
Human Resources ensures that selection procedures are strictly adhered to, and that all recruitment activities comply with the requirements of applicable laws and regulations. Only the Human Resources Office can issue RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) Employee Contracts and proceed with the final signing process.
The President, in his or her capacity as Chief Executive Officer (CEO), is responsible for the final hiring of RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) employees for RIT Kosovo (A.U.K).
The selection process for Full Time Employees is as follows:
- Vacancy notices may be advertised in at least two daily newspapers and online job portals for a total of three days to one week (optional). The length of time to post the vacancy will be based on the hiring manager and HR’s input, along with appropriate funding identified to post. The vacancy will appear on RIT Kosovo’s (A.U.K) Web Page until the application closing date. The closing date can be extended, based on a review of the applicant pool
- After the closing date, the Human Resource Office will reply to each applicant
- Human Resources will prepare a long-list based on the minimum requirements first; hiring manager/direct supervisor and Human Resources will select the candidates to be interviewed and then a selection panel of at least three people will conduct the interviews. (At least) four candidates, if possible, will be short-listed and invited to interview for the vacant position
- Short-listed candidates will be invited to attend an interview with the panel consisting of three RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) members (including the hiring manager/direct supervisor), to be appointed by Human Resources. If the posting is for a faculty member, the student government will be asked to appoint a student to the panel. This panel will be responsible for providing a written evaluation (an interview assessment form will be provided in advance by HR) and returning the completed form to the HR Office after the completion of interviews. The panel should provide the selection assessment report to the HR Office. If a preferred candidate cannot be easily identified, candidates will be invited to attend a second interview with the hiring supervisor.
The Human Resources Office, in cooperation with the hiring manager/direct supervisor, is responsible for making the employment offer to all employees, discussing salary and benefits, and for preparing the employment contract to be presented to the President for approval before making the offer to the employee.
Terms of Employment
In conformity with Kosovo Labor Law, employees of RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) are normally issued contracts stating the terms of employment including duties and responsibilities, effective time period of employment, and remuneration.
RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) seeks to attract a broad-based group of employees and to avoid even the appearance of favoritism. No employee may function as an evaluator or advocate for a relative or other person with whom there is a close personal relationship. Close relatives include children, spouses, parents, sisters, brothers, grandparents, grandchildren, step-parents, step-children, half-sisters, half-brothers, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and any of the foregoing as in-laws.
Full time Employees
Full time employees are entitled to all benefits that RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) provides in compliance with Kosovo Labor Law. They are expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, with a break for lunch. Full-time employees are paid on a monthly basis with appropriate salary taxes withheld if applicable.
Temporary and Part-Time Employees
RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) uses temporary and part-time employees to meet short-term department needs consistent with applicable provisions of Kosovo law. The employment contract should specify the dates, the expected activity, and mutual obligations. These employees are not entitled to any benefits that RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) provides, unless agreed upon by the president and hiring manager.
Adjunct faculty members are hired per term and per course. Consultants with special expertise may be employed for short-term projects. Consultant contracts should include specific terms for the task, compensation, and any special conditions; consultant contracts are issued at the discretion of the President in conformity with general RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) policies.
Volunteers are not compensated for work, are not entitled to benefits, and are not considered Employees of RIT Kosovo (A.U.K); however, at the sole discretion of the President of RIT Kosovo (A.U.K), he or she may reimburse or provide other options for volunteers, such as lodging and travel.
Equal Employment Opportunities
RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity in all of its endeavors and affirms a commitment to diversity in both its employees and its student body. RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants on the basis of their demonstrated abilities, working and academic experience, and training. Any discrimination including exclusion or preference made on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, family status, political opinion, national extraction or social origin, language or trade-union membership which has the effect of nullifying or impairing equality of opportunity or treatment in employment or occupation capacity building is prohibited.
Job application form (click here)