1. What degree or educational requirements are required to apply to RIT’s MS program?
All applicants to RIT’s graduate programs must hold-or currently be completing-a baccalaureate degree.
2. Is this program accredited in Kosovo and USA?
Yes, RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) is accredited by Kosovo Accreditation Agency – See list of all accredited Programs in Kosovo (page 7 under AUK College) - http://akreditimi-ks.org/docs/Downloads/Accreditation/kshc20092019/kshc20092019.pdf
Yes, RIT is chartered by the legislature of the State of New York and accredited by the Commission on Higher Education, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and NY State Education Department, Office of College and University Education. RIT Kosovo is listed under the locations of Accreditation - https://www.msche.org/institution/0372/
3. How do I apply?
You can apply online only using this link: https://kosovo.rit.edu/programs/master-of-science-degree/apply-master.html
4. What is the application fee and how can I make my payment?
The application fee is sixty (60) Euros and you can make the payment in our account at Raiffeisen Bank Kosovo (RBKO). Bank details for international payments:
Bank Name: Raiffeisen Bank Kosovo (RBKO)
Account no: 150 100 100 334 2712
Account name: RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) College
SWIFT code: RBKOXKPR
5. Will photocopies of my academic documents, that have been notarized by an authorized official in my home country, be considered official?
Yes. Notarized documents will be considered official. After online application, you can wait to send official hard copy transcripts until after an admissions decision has been made.
6. Is bachelor degree from any of Kosovo’s university or college recognized as long as they are accredited by Kosovo Accreditation Agency?
Bachelor degrees earned in Kosovo through an accredited program by the Kosovo Accreditation Agency within higher education institution will be recognized.
7. Is an international credential evaluation by an authorized agency a requirement for international students and admission to RIT MS program?
If you feel that your academic credentials are not the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree, we recommend an academic credential evaluation to determine the exact U.S. degree equivalency. Generally, no, an international credential evaluation is NOT required for admission to graduate programs at RIT. However, our office will conduct a review of your academic documents when received and if we DO NOT believe that your educational background is the equivalent of a 4 year U.S. bachelor's degree, we may suggest that you have your credentials reviewed by one of the agencies listed below.
International Education Research Foundation Inc.
World Education Services
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute Inc.
Educational Credentials Evaluators Inc.
8. What is the minimum TOEFL score?
Applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE. A minimum TOEFL score of 79 (internet-based) is required. A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 is required. The English language test score requirement is waived for native speakers of English or for those submitting transcripts from degrees earned at institutions where language of instruction was in English. RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) Alumni do not need to take the TOEFL exam.
9. How can I submit recommendation letters in support of my application?
Two letters of recommendation are required for admission to RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) MS Program. Recommendations should come from members of the academic community and/or workplace professionals who know your qualifications for graduate study. Please do not send more than three letters of recommendation.
10. How and when will I be notified of an admission decision?
Admission Office will contact you to acknowledge receipt of your application. Upon confirmation of the payment of the Application Fee the Admission Office will start processing your application and request the necessary documents. As soon as all of your documentation is received, you will receive an email confirming that your application has been sent to the academic department for review. When a decision is made you will receive an email notification. You should receive your admission decision within two weeks after the notification for academic department review.
11. What does matriculation mean?
Matriculation means enrolled in RIT system.
12. When can I start the program?
You can start the program in Spring Semester, January 2020 or Fall Semester, September 2020.
13. Can I get credit for prior experience?
14. Can I transfer credits from other Master’s programs?
Yes. Up to 6 credits (equivalent to 2 courses) that are no older than seven years, from a recognized institution of higher education, and are equivalent to a B grade or better. The determination as to how many courses can be transferred (within the 6-credit limit) will be made at the discretion of the program director based on how applicable the course topics are to the students plan of study within the MS program.
15. How much does tuition cost?
An RIT graduate degree is an investment that will provide lifelong returns. RIT and RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) has a long history of providing high quality academic degrees that offer applied research and real world experiences to prepare you for career success.
While tuition at RIT main campus in New York is approximately $91,000 for graduate programs, students enrolled at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) enjoy a considerable discounted rate.
The program fee for the whole program of study includes:
Application Fee: 60 €
Technology Fee: 200 €
Tuition: 14,640 €
Total: 14,900 €
*This amount covers all lecture fees, exam fees, book; as well as access to the library. Student loans are available with various banks in Kosovo.
16. Do I need to buy any textbooks or other course materials?
No. The main study materials are provided as part of your tuition. Additional books that you might think are helpful for your own learning are your decision.
17. Are there scholarships for MS program? How much?
This is a heavily subsidized degree offer from the charitable organization “The American University in Kosovo Foundation Inc," registered in the County of New York, State of New York, as a tax-exempt entity under section 501(c)(3), public charity status 170(b)(1)(A)(vi), Employer Identification Number (EIN) 20- 0105596, of the Internal Revenue Code. There is a limited number of scholarships available at maximum of 20% of the tuition. Please check with Admission Office for more details of scholarship available funds for the year.
18. What are the courses taught in this program?
- Context &Trends
- Project Managment LifeCycle (EdX)
- Thinking about Future
- Best Practices for Project Management Success (EdX)
- System Thinking & Modeling
- Future Scenarios for Strategic Planning
- Capstone Proposal Seminar
- Scenario Development & Analysis
- International Project Management(EdX)
- Innovation Course
- Project Management MicroMasters Capstone (Exam)
- Capstone Project
19. When are classes offered? Day? Night? Weekends?
Classes are offered in executive style blended approach designed for working professionals. Most of the courses require a five-day, all-day physical presence on the RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) campus and 8-10 weeks of coursework and online presence. Physical presence requirement is from 09:00 – 17:00 hrs from Wednesday to Sunday (including weekends).
20. Who are the Professors?
All professors are assigned from RIT main campus to teach at the MS program in Kosovo.
21. What are the online learning options?
Nine (9) credits can be earned though online learning options offered through RITx and edX platform. Students can chose the following RIT’s edX MicroMasters® Program to be counted towards their MS degree:
- MicroMasters® Program in Project Management - https://www.edx.org/micromasters/ritx-project-management
- MicroMasters® Program in Design Thinking - https://www.edx.org/micromasters/ritx-design-thinking
22. Are online edX courses more or less demanding than in-person courses?
Online classes are just as demanding as their brick-and-mortar counterparts. Many people find that it takes self-discipline to succeed in an online learning environment. Just like in a traditional class, you have to be in charge of your studies.
23. Do I need to be online at a specific time and day to take part in my class through edX?
You do not need to log in at a certain time to access course materials. You can complete learning and activities on your schedule as long as you have access to the course. Self-paced courses release all course materials at the course open date and are open for months. All graded activities must be completed by the course close date.
24. When can I enroll for Project Management edX Courses:
All three Project Management Courses for year 2020 open on:
- January 20, 2020, and
- July 6, 2020
25. Where is the degree issued from?
The degree is issued from Rochester Institute of Technology in New York.
26. What is RIT’s ranking?
RIT continues to be ranked among the top universities by the most notable ranking agencies and organizations. For more detail, go to our Rankings Summary page.
27. Is work experience required?
No. However, it is recommended.
28. IS GRE/GMAT required?
29. Can I apply if I haven’t received my Bachelor Degree diploma yet, but will receive it before the start of the semester?
Yes, however you need your bachelor degree confirmed before matriculation.
30. Can I pay with installments? If so, how many per year?
Student loans are available with various banks in Kosovo. The finance department might grant a payment plan upon mutual consent.
31. What are my funding/payment options?
TEB Bank offers a student loan with 4.08% interest with a maturity of up to 7 years for this program.
32. How many credits does this program have?
The Program has 33 graduate credits.
33. Overall Program outcomes?
Academic Program Outcomes can be found here: https://www.rit.edu/academicaffairs/sois/sites/rit.edu.academicaffairs.sois/files/MS%20PLO.pdf
34. Industries that graduates can work for after graduation?
The program prepares students to work in areas of project and strategic planning, forecasting, and risk management across numerous industries including advertising, public relations, marketing, education administration, business, tourism and hospitality, public planning, law and policy development, government, financial services, non-profits, and think tanks.
35. Do I need to have a Bachelor degree from a specific field of study to be able to apply?