FRESHMEN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2020/21
As the leading higher education institution in Kosovo, RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) continually seeks to attract Kosova’s brightest high school graduates. For the 2020/21 academic year RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) shall award scholarships of over EUR 180,000 for freshmen students.
The Scholarship Committee, which is composed of members of the RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) Faculty, Staff and Students, will make the selection of scholarship recipients. Scholarships will be awarded to applicants who are, based on the evaluation of the Committee, most worthy of an award on the basis of scholastic record, future promise and financial need.
RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM Includes:
Board of Trustees Regional Scholarship – 7 full scholarships
Presidents Partial Scholarship - 60 partial scholarships from 20% - 50%
Campus Diversity Scholarship – 15 partial scholarships from 50% - 80%
Additional Named Scholarships – 15 partial scholarships from 20%-80%
Full Scholarship Awards
Awards for the Board of Trustees Regional Scholarship Program will be granted to distinguished candidates from Kosovo’s seven main administrative regions. The division is based under the principle of equality between the regions, while candidates will compete for scholarships with their peers from the same region. Please check the region list here.
Awards will be distributed on the basis of matrix selection criteria that includes: TOEFL and the Institutional Math Exam scores, high school grade point average, and involvement in extracurricular activities. Preference may be given to students supplying SAT or ACT scores and to those with financial need.
Continuation of Scholarship - Students awarded full a scholarship for their freshmen year will be eligible for continuation at half the amount (50 percent) for three additional years, provided they remain full-time students and maintain an overall RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) grade point average of at least 3.80.
Application Deadline - The application deadline for full scholarship program is June 15, 2020.
Partial Scholarship Awards
Awards of the Presidents Partial Scholarships Program will be based on merit (TOEFL and the Institutional Math Exam scores, SAT, high school grade point average, involvement in extracurricular activities, or other qualifiers set by the scholarship committee) and financial need.
Continuation of Scholarship - Students awarded with partial scholarships are eligible to apply for continuing student scholarships offered through the CURRENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K). This program awards students taking courses during their 2nd, 3rd and 4th academic year at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K).
For more information about this program please click here.
Application Deadline - The applications are received on rolling basis and awards are granted in first-come/first-serve model until the depletion of the scholarship fund. Early applications are highly recommended.
Awards for the Campus Diversity Scholarship Program will be granted to distinguished candidates from Kosovo and neighboring countries that contribute to the enrichment of student life through their involvement in on-campus activities, in the classroom and through their participation in the Kosovo community.
Awards will be distributed on the basis of matrix-selection criteria that include: Admission Exams (TOEFL and Mathematics, or SAT/ACT), diverse ethnic background that is currently underrepresented in campus, member of a socially excluded group in the society, etc. The Campus Diversity Scholarship Program gives preference to those who are:
- from neighboring countries: Albania, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Turkey, Bulgaria and Greece
- from Kosovo marginalized groups, such as: ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and the LGBTI community.
Continuation of Scholarship - Students awarded with partial scholarships are eligible to apply for continuing student scholarships offered through the CURRENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K). This program awards students taking courses during their second, third, and fourth academic year at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K). For more information about this program, please click here.
Application Deadline - The application deadline for campus scholarship program is May 30, 2020.
Named Scholarship Awards
Awards for the Named Scholarship Program will be granted to distinguished candidates that meet academic standards of RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) and demonstrate financial aid need.
The following Named Scholarships will be awarded to freshmen students for academic year 2020/2021:
- US KDOM Scholarship – Preference is given to students from Kosovo rural areas of Drenica, Dukagjin, Pashtrik, Shala and Llap.
- Wesley K. Clark Scholarship – Awarded on the basis of need and merit, with a special attention to minority applicants and applicants from rural areas.
- Cami Family Scholarship – Preference is given to students from the region of Dibra, Macedonia.
- Lukaj Family Foundation Scholarship – Preference is given to students from the region of Ulqin, Montenegro.
- Professor Julia Norrgard | Faculty and Staff Scholarship – Preference is given to outstanding seniors from Kosovo High Schools including but not limited to:
- “Sami Frasheri” Gymnasium
- “Mehmet Akif College”
- “Gjon Buzuku” Gymnasium
- “American School of Kosova”
- “Xhevdet Doda” Gymnasium
- “Mileniumi i Tretë”
- “Frang Bardhi” Gymnasium
- “Prishtina High School”
- “Bedri Pejani” Gymnasium
- “Hajdar Dushi” Gymnasium
- “Zenel Hajdini” Gymnasium
- “Kuvendi i Arbërit” Gymnasium
- Alumni Scholarship – Preference is given to talented yet economically disadvantaged prospective students.
- Winfred L. Thompson Scholarship – Preference is given to students coming from rural areas.
Scholarships funded by corporations/companies - Preference is given to talented yet economically disadvantaged prospective students
- Meridian Express Scholarship – 1 full scholarship
- Smart Bits Scholarship – 2 partial scholarships
- ELKOS Group Scholarship – 1 full scholarship
These scholarships can be used to cover tuition expenses only, and are applicable for RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) home campus studies.
Feel free to contact the Admissions Office at admissions[at]auk.org, or + 383 (0) 38 608 608, if you need further details.
Find the scholarship application form here.
For scholarship programs after the freshmen year click here.